Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G SoC goes official: Poco X3 likely to be the first phone
Snapdragon 732G is the latest mobile platform announced by the semiconductor giant Qualcomm. The new chipset is an upgrade to the SD730G and offers improved CPU and GPU performance. The G moniker in the name refers to the support for the ‘Snapdragon Elite Gaming suite’. This octa-core chipset doesn’t have 5G support.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Features
- The Snapdragon 732G octa-core chipset includes 2 Kryo 470 prime performance cores and six Kryo 470 Silver efficiency cores.
- The SD 732G ticks at up to 2.3 GHz which is faster than the Snapdragon 730.
- The octa-core processor is fabricated on Samsung’s 8nm process node.
- The SD732G variant offers up to 15 percent improved graphics performance thanks to Adreno 618 GPU.
- Further, we have Hexagon 688 as the AIE DSP along with AI processing capable up to 3.6TOPS.
- It supports carrier aggregation for downlink and uplink both.
- Camera capabilities see a noticeable improvement. Snapdragon 732G has Spectra 350 ISP that supports up to 1 x 192MP or 36MP with Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL) or 2x 22MP with ZSL. It can record 4K UHD videos @ 60fps.
- The Snapdragon 732G is Wi-Fi 6 ready and supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- No NavIC support for the SD 732G.
Also Check: Snapdragon 730G vs Snapdragon 730 vs Snapdragon 710
Phones with Snapdragon 732G SoC
The Snapdragon 732G is all set to debut in an upcoming Poco phone. Although the two brands shied away from revealing the exact name, it will in all likeliness be the Poco X3. As we are aware the Poco X2 was powered by the Snapdragon 730G.
ALSO READ: Qualcomm QuickCharge 5.0 Leverages USB PD For 100W Charging
Apart from Poco, we expect Realme and Vivo to announce a Snapdragon 732G based phone in the coming days.